Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Pitch Practice FOA

What main appeals did you use in your pitch? Why did you decide they would be the most effective?

The central appeals included within the presentation were to clearly identify and explain the target audience of this product, and with examples related to our main location (Suburban New Zealand), we could effectively display that. The second was not only to highlight the specific ways to exhibit this commercial, but what scenario to introduce to the people and what text-type it must be present in. The importance of visuals in our PowerPoint played a great role in this aspect.

What were some specific persuasive techniques you used (include examples) why did you believe these would be effective?

We implemented certain rhetorical questions, such as "Why buy the Phantom 4?" or "Have you heard of the Phantom 4" in order to engage the audience as well as attract them towards the content. Implicit claims were a key feature within this pitch as the product itself was a technological good, and specification details and updates on the new version of this product is perhaps the best way to promote such a good within the market. There were also glimpses of the use of New, along with promotional offers, to entice the customers to, not only come and visit the store or test the product, but to also guarantee that sales will take place for this item.

How did an awareness of audience and context influence your overall approach to this activity? 

Presentations aren't one of my specialties. I usually don't enjoy speaking to an audience and find it one of my greatest weaknesses. However, through experiencing this practice session, I've got a fair taste of what is required of me during this unit to achieve my goals, and, through watching my other peers present, I am now able to see how the emphasis on the persuasive techniques have been put to play. Analyzing and acting out various actions and tones presently seen in a number of  advertisement can be somewhat enjoyable and also demands some use of creativity.

If you were to complete this presentation again, what would you do differently in terms of content and preparation?

In the future, I will mainly focus towards and spend more time on practicing the presentation itself, as mentioned earlier, this is not one of my strengths and therefore I feel as if I need to invest greater time and effort on it. Creativity is another component I lacked, as significance towards persuading the audience to select our advertisement through adding prominence in tone and actions were not completely extant in my performance, unlike my partner's, and therefore with the collaboration in our group, I was able to learn from my peers as well as acquire several ideas from them to enhance our execution. Nonetheless, group work can be frustrating at times, especially when a clear form of communication with our group members outside of school is missing. This can lead to misjudgment of ideas and mislead one another, leading to a downfall in the final exhibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment